What is an Ambassador?
Organization Ambassadors serve as a liaison between Dance Marathon and their respective organization.
Organization Ambassadors will attend weekly meetings to receive information to relay to their Organizations and to work on professional and personal development. These meetings will allow Ambassadors to think creatively and brainstorm together to create new ways to incentivize and engage their members in Dance Marathon. Each Organization will be assigned a Fundraising & Organization Development Captain to work with on Organization involvement and fundraising throughout the year.
Click here to view the 2022 Ambassador Guidelines
- Recruit and motivate members of their Organization to fundraise and participate
- Encourage members to get involved with Dance Marathon
- Inform all Organization members of events, registration dates, fundraising incentives, etc.
- Work with the Family Relations Team to engage with their respective Miracle Family throughout the year
- Host a minimum of one Hospitality Night or fundraising event
- Be in attendance at various Dance Marathon events during the year (i.e. Miracles in Color 5K, Moralloween, Miracle Family Events, etc.)
Responsibilities during the Main Event:
- Help assign Dancer buddies prior to the Event for each Dancer
- Work with their Fundraising and Organization Development Captain to encourage and help Dancers fundraise at the Event
- Relay important information to Dancers throughout the Event
- Be available for Dancers in case of emergency
Ambassadors are also encouraged to be Dancers if they choose and are eligible for free Dancer Registration upon meeting expectations of the program.
To participate as an Organization in Dance Marathon, you must register your team each year. First, check to make sure your team is not already registered. To register a new team, please complete the following steps:
- Go to floridadm.org and click “Donate.”
- Scroll down and click “Register Now.”
- Input your information and create a new Organization.
- Fill out the proceeding information for your team and once your team has been registered, your members can join your team by following the steps and joining your existing Organization team.
Each team will need an Ambassador to represent them. Please email the Fundraising & Organizational Development Overall, Kellyn Murphy, at email@example.com to inform her you have created a team and will be serving as the Ambassador or have plans of selecting an Ambassador in the near future. The Fundraising & Organizational Development Overall will not be able to get in contact with you unless you email her to let her know you started a team.
Keep an eye out for applications!