What is an Ambassador?
Organization Ambassadors serve as a liaison between Dance Marathon and their respective organization.
Organization Ambassadors will attend weekly meetings to receive information to relay to their Organizations and to work on professional and personal development. These meetings will allow Ambassadors to think creatively and brainstorm together to create new ways to incentivize and engage their members in Dance Marathon. Each Organization will be assigned a Fundraising & Organization Development Captain to work with on Organization involvement and fundraising throughout the year.
2023 Ambassadors Coming Soon!
- Creating a DonorDrive page and fundraising a minimum of $500, as well as participating as a Dancer at the Main Event
- Attending weekly meetings on Thursday at the Reitz
- Purchasing a Check-In Shirt and official Ambassador Polo from the DM at UF Store
- Motivating members of their Organization to fundraise, participate, and become involved with Dance Marathon
- Informing all Organization members of events, registration dates, fundraising incentives, etc.
- Working with the Family Relations Team to engage with their respective Miracle Family throughout the year
- Hosting a minimum of one Hospitality Night or fundraising event (per semester)
- Being in attendance and participating at Miracles in Color 5K, Moralloween, and Miracle Family Events (including a table at Moralloween)
- Being leaders and change-makers within their respective organizations
Main Event Responsibilities:
- Helping assign Dancer buddies prior to the Event for each Dancer
- Working with their Fundraising and Organization Development Captain to encourage and help Dancers fundraise at the Event
- Relaying important information to Dancers throughout the Event
- Being available for Dancers in case of emergency
- Being a support system and encouraging leader for members during the event
*Ambassadors are expected to attend the entire Main Event and assist with inter-organization activities throughout the year.
**This year, Ambassadors will not be able to also be Captains on other Dance Marathon Teams.
To participate as an Organization in Dance Marathon, you must register your team each year. First, check to make sure your team is not already registered. To register a new team, please complete the following steps:
- Go to floridadm.org and click “Donate.”
- Scroll down and click “Register Now.”
- Input your information and create a new Organization.
- Fill out the proceeding information for your team and once your team has been registered, your members can join your team by following the steps and joining your existing Organization team.
Each team will need an Ambassador to represent them. Please email the Fundraising & Organizational Development Overall, Kellyn Murphy, at email@example.com to inform her you have created a team and will be serving as the Ambassador or have plans of selecting an Ambassador in the near future. The Fundraising & Organizational Development Overall will not be able to get in contact with you unless you email her to let her know you started a team.
|Alpha Chi Omega
|Omega Phi Alpha
|Alpha Delta Pi
|Phi Delta Theta
|Alpha Epsilon Phi
|Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
|Alpha Epsilon Pi
|Phi Kappa Tau
|Alpha Gamma Rho
|Pi Lambda Phi
|Pre-Legal Honor Society
|Beta Theta Pi
|Black Student Union
|Sigma Phi Epsilon|
|Society of Women Engineers|
Gabriela Torres de Navarra
|Delta Nu Zeta
|UF Honors Program|
Claudia Elena Johnson Cuellar
|Delta Phi Epsilon
|Zeta Beta Tau
|Delta Sigma Phi
|Gamma Phi Beta
|Hispanic Student Association
|Kappa Phi Epsilon
|Lambda Chi Alpha