Register To Dance
Dance Marathon at the University of Florida is an annual 26.2 hour event benefiting the patients of UF Health Shands Children's Hospital in Gainesville, Florida. Each year, more than 800 students stay awake and on their feet to raise money and awareness for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
As a Dancer, you will experience one of UF’s most adored traditions. Throughout the 26.2-hour event, you will learn our Linedance, enjoy live entertainment, eat yummy food, and hear stories from our Miracle Families.
Please email Nick Scianna, Dancer Relations Overall Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
- Stay hydrated! Be sure to have bring a water bottle with you to the event to ensure you are drinking enough water. Water and Gatorade will be provided at the event as well.
- Stay energized! Take advantage of the meals provided by our sponsors throughout the event.
- Take time to stretch during the event so your muscles don't get as tight and sore.
- Stay engaged! The more you participate in the activities, entertainment and line dance throughout the event, the more likely you are to maintain a positive mindset.
- Gator 1 ID - Must have to be admitted into the O’Dome.
- Multiple pairs of socks and underwear. These will do wonders to make you feel refreshed throughout the event.
- T-shirts, tanks and long sleeve shirts to adjust to the temperature as you need to.
- Water bottle
- At least 2 pairs of supportive, comfortable shoes
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Baby wipes
- Goldbond powder
- UF DM fanny pack
- Any necessary medications
- Glasses, contacts or contact solution if necessary
- Costumes for theme hours
- Phone charger
- Study material for upcoming exams
- Encouraging notes from friends or family
For Swim/Shower Shifts:
- Bathing suit
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
- Shower shoes
- Lockers are provided to store your things, however, there are not enough lockers for everyone to have his/her own. We suggest leaving any valuables at home.
- If you have allergies, you will be given a chance to make note of this and you may bring your own snacks.
- If you have medications, you will be able to turn these in to your Ambassador or Dancer Relations Captain and they will be kept safe in our Medical Room with our medical personnel.
Register to Dance
Dancer Registration for Dance Marathon is open for two weeks in the fall and two weeks in the spring. To be a Dancer, participants must be enrolled as students at the University of Florida during the spring semester. This includes students who are enrolled but may have an internship in place of classes.
Registering to dance is not the same thing as registering to fundraise. Anyone may register to fundraise at any time throughout the year, but Dancer Registration is only open for the two-week period in the fall and in the spring.
You may register to dance with an organization team or as an individual. If you are a member of an organization that does not currently participate in Dance Marathon, you may start a team by registering on Donor Drive. See Starting a Team for more information.
Please note: registration does not guarantee Dancer spots. Dancer spots are allocated in the spring based off of organizational or individual achievements.